About Me

My photo
Hedge writes about musings, poetry, stories, and things she finds interesting, Which hopefully will provide you with a quick laugh. Maybe you'll find it interesting, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll know her as Eccentric Mare, Spreading Wings or the Mad Yank of Yorkshire as the the incarnations of blogging trials and tribulations have taken it's toll. Anyhoo - Thanks for visiting. Have a great day.

Saturday, 7 January 2012

Ode to Morticia's Muse

Prelude:
The photo below is from Flash Fiction 70 - which I saw as I lurked amongst my friends of friends - no idea where it starts actually -  the idea is you write something short - I think it was 57 words and submit on a Saturday - I saw it on Saturday and the idea played in my head - although I haven't participated or followed the rules what I came up with - surprised me - so I put it here for future reference because something tells me this has been an enlightenment that I will look back on later and see something different in....

Postscript :  Fiction in a Flash seems to be started here: http://bonnymom.multiply.com/journal/item/909/Fiction_in_a_Flash_70?replies_read=5




In a world of corruption, lies, brutality  and inhumanity,
                                        she clings to hope and honesty with tenacity
She has a heart as big as the world,
                                    capable redefining her universe every time she breathes. 
She believes in people, she inspires me, 
                                    she pursues greater humanity
She is far too delicate I know
                                  her world would end without me and mine without her
Imagine if you will, what she will be when
                                  she has freed herself to feel without restraint.




6 comments:

Mitchy LR said...

I always like to see the entries for Fiction In A Flash, it's always interesting to see how differently people can interpret the same image.

Tater Salad à la Mouse :) said...

I've enjoyed FIAF for a long time too... the woman who hosts it, Bonnymom, or Teri as I know her, is a Jamaican Anglophile and we've been close for some time. :)

You should have posted this as an entry - but it's not always for everyone. Like a photographic group I'm involved in now and then, Picture Perfect, a lot of it is about peripheral platitudes with nothing too sincere being said - most of the time. Know what I mean?

But this that you've written is another step in the new you - and I love it. I'm SO looking forward to the day of your total lack of restraint.

Kaz CT said...

lol you and quite a few others I know are waiting for that day - but none of you have any idea how much I am - it's a taste that I just hunger for in a way I can't find words.

Kaz CT said...

Apparently, being free to feel is also permission to LIVE. Thrive. Not just survive but BE. Now that's awesome. :)

Tater Salad à la Mouse :) said...

And THAT'S the WHOLE point Kaz! There's a WORLD of difference between "living" and "being alive". I've learned that too over the years... and will NEVER settle for the former over the latter again. I know YOU won't either - and I'm so pleased for you at this moment - and in general lately - I can't begin to describe it. YOU are one of the beautiful people too Kaz - don't ever forget that. :)

Tater Salad à la Mouse :) said...

*Does the Happy Dance* LOL.

Post a Comment